What is Under Eye Filler?
Do you feel like your tired eyes make you look older or less vibrant? You’re not alone. Countless people suffer from the same issue, and that’s where under-eye filler comes into play.
Under-eye filler is a non-surgical treatment that can help refresh and rejuvenate your appearance. It is also known as dermal filler or hyaluronic acid filler. It is a cosmetic injectable treatment designed to plump and smooth the skin beneath the eyes. This treatment aims to reduce the appearance of dark circles, hollows, and wrinkles, resulting in a refreshed and youthful appearance.
It is an increasingly popular option for clinics, beauty spas, and other aesthetic service providers who want to offer their clients a safe, effective, and non-invasive solution to combat the signs of aging.
Under Eye Filler Benefits
|Composition||Hyaluronic acid, a naturally occurring substance in the body|
|Treatment Duration||Approximately 30 minutes|
|Results||Visible immediately, with continued improvement over 2-4 weeks|
|Longevity||Typically 6-12 months, but can vary based on individual factors|
|Side Effects||Minimal; temporary redness, swelling, or bruising may occur|
|Recovery Time||Little to no downtime, with most clients resuming normal activities immediately|
|Cost||Varies depending on location and provider, often in the range of $500-$1000 per treatment|
The Injection Method
The hyaluronic acid injection technique for under eye treatment, also known as tear trough filler treatment, is a non-surgical cosmetic procedure that helps restore volume and smoothness to the area beneath the eyes.
This procedure is gaining popularity due to its minimally invasive nature and the noticeable improvement it can offer in the appearance of dark circles, hollows, and fine lines. Here’s an overview of the technique:
- Consultation: Prior to the treatment, the practitioner will assess the client’s skin, discuss their concerns, and evaluate whether the hyaluronic acid filler is appropriate for their needs. The client’s medical history and any potential allergies or contraindications will also be taken into account.
- Preparation: The treatment area will be cleansed thoroughly to minimize the risk of infection. A topical anesthetic or numbing cream may be applied to ensure the client’s comfort during the procedure.
- Marking: The practitioner will mark strategic injection points on the client’s skin to ensure proper placement of the filler.
a. Linear threading technique: The practitioner will insert a small needle or micro-cannula into the skin at the designated entry point. They will then slowly inject the hyaluronic acid filler while simultaneously withdrawing the needle or cannula, creating a linear deposit of filler beneath the skin.
b. Serial puncture technique: The practitioner will inject small amounts of filler at multiple points along the tear trough, using a fanning pattern to evenly distribute the product.
- Massage: After the injection, the practitioner will gently massage the area to evenly distribute the filler and ensure a smooth, natural-looking result.
- Observation: The practitioner will carefully observe the client’s reaction to the treatment, making any necessary adjustments to achieve the desired outcome.
Post-treatment care: Following the procedure, clients will be given specific instructions for post-treatment care. This may include avoiding strenuous activities, refraining from touching or rubbing the treated area, and using a cold compress to minimize swelling and bruising.
Follow-up: A follow-up appointment may be scheduled in the weeks following the treatment to monitor the client’s progress and ensure the desired results have been achieved. If necessary, additional filler can be added during this appointment to further refine the outcome.
Who is a good candidate for under eye filler?
A good candidate for under eye filler is someone who experiences under eye hollows, dark circles, or bags due to aging, genetics, or environmental factors. It is essential to consult with a qualified medical professional to determine if under eye filler is the appropriate treatment for you.
Can I combine under eye filler with other treatments?
Yes, under eye fillers can be combined with other non-surgical cosmetic treatments such as Botox, chemical peels, or laser resurfacing to achieve a more comprehensive rejuvenation. Consult with your provider to determine the best treatment plan for your specific needs.