How did Botox for crow's feet work?
Botox crows feet is the most widely used non-surgical crow’s feet removal method at present. Botulinum toxin blocks the nerve signal transmission between the nerves and muscles of the wrinkled skin, relaxes the excessively contracted muscles of the eyes, and then makes the dynamic wrinkles disappear.
How many units of botox for crow's feet?
Botox for crow’s feet needs around 10 to 12 units per eye. It means for both sides, crow’s feet treatment needs 20 – 24 units.
How long does botox for crow's feet last
For crow’s feet treatment by botulinum toxin, it can last around 6 months, after the first injection, remember to do follow-up visits to the doctor after 3 to 5 months.
Preparation before injection
1. No makeup before injection, any cosmetics, and skin care products need to be cleaned, it is recommended to use a facial cleanser to thoroughly clean the skin.
2. Females need to avoid menstrual periods.
3. Make sure there is no inflammation at the injection site before surgery, such as folliculitis.
4. Before the operation, you must inform the doctor whether you are planning to conceive, are pregnant, or breastfeeding. Injections are not recommended during this period.
5. One week before the injection, stop drinking.
6. Rational use of drugs
– Do not take aspirin and aminoglycoside antibiotics within two weeks before the injection.
– Aminoglycoside antibiotics (such as gentamicin, etc.), cholinesterase antagonists, sulfatase, succinylcholine, quinidine, calcium channel blockers, lincomycin, polymyxin, and other drugs are prohibited. If you need to take the above medicines, please contact your doctor.
What is the difference between hyaluronic acid injection and botulinum toxin for wrinkle removal？
- Static wrinkles should be injected with hyaluronic acid filler
Static wrinkles refer to the wrinkles that can be seen when no expression is made, such as nasolabial folds, corners of the mouth, fine lines around the eyes, etc.
Dynamic wrinkles should be injected with Botox. Dynamic wrinkles are the wrinkles that appear when making expressions (muscle movements), such as forehead lines, crow’s feet, laugh lines, etc.